When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including browser information, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include a unique anonymous identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. - “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, e-mail address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We use the Order Information that we generally collect to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging to ship, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally, to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Webflow to host our website. You can read more about how Webflow uses your Personal Information here: https://webflow.com/legal/privacy
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us [when you register with the website, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the website, such as online chat and message boards and subscription to newsletters and promotional emails. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the website.
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the website to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with -third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the website to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the website.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the website more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the website.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the website.
- Notify you of updates to the website.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the website.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the website.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative's ("NAI") educational page at http://networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
Please note that we do not alter our Site's data collection and use practices when seeing a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Please Don’t Tell consists of artists who are passionate about storytelling and wish to use their skill set to expand the world of our cast of fictional characters. Whether you’re a writer, product designer, musician, your talent should be relevant to the themes, values, and tone of Please Don’t Tell. To familiarize yourself with our universe, please take a look at our stories.
By using the Service, you agree to the terms of this Policy. PDT Studio / Please Don’t Tell inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or change this Policy at any time with or without prior notice to you. The date of the last update will be posted at the top of this Policy for your convenience. This Policy, and any changes, are effective as soon as posted. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Policy constitutes your full acceptance of those changes.
“Personal Information” is information that individually identifies you, such as your mobile phone number or user/screen name, as well as the any Personal Information that you choose to include in messages you send through the Service.
Through the use of the Service, PDT Studio / Please Don’t Tell inc. will receive the following information from our third party service provider: your mobile phone number when you send a text message to us, the text of messages that you send to other users of the Service, any user or screen name that you select in connection with the Service, as well as any comments or feedback regarding the Service that you send to us.
We use Personal Information to (a) provide you with the Service, (b) process and respond to inquiries, (c) improve the Service, (d) if necessary, contact you with important announcements or messages, (e) conduct research, and (f) provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and partners.
Each message that you send through the Service (either to us or to other users of the Service) is stored on our servers. We retain these messages on our servers. PDT Studio / Please Don’t Tell inc. utilizes servers and services owned by third parties.
We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may use or disclose such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We need to enforce our Terms of Service.
- We provide such information to trusted businesses or persons for the sole purpose of processing Personal Information on our behalf. When this is done, it is subject to agreements that oblige those parties to process such information only on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and appropriate confidentiality and security measures. If the third party fails to comply with our terms, PDTSHOP / Please Don't Tell inc. is not accountable in any way for any liability or reimbursement.
- We provide such information to third parties who have entered into non-disclosure agreements with us.
- We provide such information to a company controlled by, or under common control with, PDTSHOP / Please Don't Tell inc. for any purpose permitted by this Policy.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights, or the legal rights of others, or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share Personal Information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of PDTSHOP / Please Don't Tell inc.Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We transfer Personal Information about you if PDTSHOP / Please Don't Tell inc. is, or its assets are, acquired by or merged with another company.
- We may share aggregated information with others without further notice. An example of this would be the number of people who used the Service in a given month or the total number of texts sent in a given week.
PDT Studio / Please Don't Tell inc. takes precautions to ensure the security of your Personal Information, including ensuring that our third party service providers protect the security of your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Service, your information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under our control (such as a third party SMS delivery platform or your carrier network).
We cannot protect, nor does this Policy apply to, any information that you transmit to other users. You should never transmit personal or identifying information to other users.
A mobile user might opt-in by:
-Entering a phone number online
PDT Studio / Please Don’t Tell inc. third-party service provider gives you the ability to opt out of the Service for any reason. You can opt out by texting “STOP” or “QUIT” to 1(855)699-1502.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Service, such as announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
The Service is not intended for children under 13, and PDTSHOP / Please Don’t Tell inc. does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
Children aged 13 or older should not submit any Personal Information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using the Service, you are representing that you are at least 18, or that you are at least 13 years old and have your parents’ permission to use the service.
If you have any additional questions regarding this Policy,
please feel free to contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or would like to file a complaint, don't hesitate to get in touch with us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Our website does not support horizontal orientation on mobile devices. Please switch to a vertical orientation to optimize your browsing experience.